Saturday, August 7, 2010

The rest of our Idaho trip

Starting the day early with a jelly filled doughnut. She is definitely her father's daughter. She loved every bite. My sister used the be the queen of the outdoors. She loved hiking, camping, etc. Since getting married and moving to Arizona she has forgotten EVERYTHING about camping. When we had our family reunion three (I think) years ago she showed up to camp with FOUR suitcases of clothes, shoes, and unnecessary gear for her and her kids. This year she proudly announced she had come prepared for camping. Shortly after making this bold statement her daughter (Eva) prances up the stairs in this adorable "camping" outfit. You can't really tell in the picture, but Eva's shirt has a blue glitter collar, and she is wearing blue glitter flip flops. I laughed out loud when I saw her, and HAD to take this picture. Here are my stud brothers at the Rexburg parade, getting all amped up for the "gun show".... My oldest nephew Zac and our sweet niece Addie. Teresa kept trying to get Elsie into the spirit of the parade by helping her pick up candy. Elsie wasn't too into it. I took this great picture of the 2 of them, though. They were super cute together. Me & Elsie at the parade trying to stay warm. It was a chilly one this year. My big bro Russ and niece Rachel. One of my favorite childhood memories is when we would irrigate our back lot. This consisted of diverting the water in the ditch and letting it run down the side of the driveway until our back field was flooded. Since then, we have covered the irrigation ditch, so my mom improvised and let us leave the hose on for a while to get the driveway nice and muddy. I was so excited for Elsie to play around in the mud, since she had loved getting into the dirt, and would beg to go outside from the moment show woke up to when she went to bed at night. To my surprise, she wasn't too jazzed about the mud. She kept walking over to the dry dirt and playing in that. I kept picking her up and setting her back in the mud. She wasn't too happy with my attempts at "fun". My nephews and niece building a dam. Elsie complaining about my moving her to the mud. We ended up in the back yard in the wading pool. Much happier... ...until she decided to take a nose-dive out of it. I L-O-V-E-D our trip to Idaho this year, and can't wait to go back next summer. Thanks everyone for making it so great. We miss all of our cousins and family.

2 comments:

Pals Place said...

Those are way fun pictures, I'm glad you posted them. You have really tuff brothers.

Dave Carr said...

How do I choose which pic to respond to?!? First of all, that post of Eva totally cracked me up!! Second, I totally love that pic of me and Elsie at the parade, you changed my life w/the curly hair!! Third, the boys and their big muscle shots make me laugh b/c of their super white bicepts...gotta love the farmer tan!!!