Monday, February 6, 2012

What happend to September?

Wow. I really can't believe it has been since the 1st of August since I updated our blog. On the down side, I have a LOT of catching up to do. On the up side, won't it be fun to see all of the updates?! I am hoping to pound out one update a day until we are current. Shouldn't take too long, if I do a month at a time, right? Let's see how it goes.... Our great friend, DeNae, made these cute tie-dyed shirts for my kids. The kids love them. Elsie wouldn't wear anything else until we finally had it out and she took it off because it was "smelly" and I was able to wash it. Since then she refers to it as her "exercise shirt". I don't know if this is because it is more of a t-shirt than her other shirts, or if it is because when we get home from the gym and I haven't had a chance to shower, she will come up and sniff me and say, "Mommy, you are smelly!" ONE TIME. ONE TIME I referred to her cute new shirt as "smelly" and now she insists on wearing it to the gym so she can "exercise", and when we get home she will put on a different shirt. Cute. And irritating. Here is a picture of both squeakers with their new shirts on. This was Sam in September. He looks so big here. Elsie, rockin' her shades. She loves these glasses, and every time we head outside she is yelling at me to find them as fast as I can so the sun doesn't "tickle my eyes!" Here she is playing between the wall and the fridge. I guess she got over her phobia of getting stuck in that tight spot. I also love this outfit she is wearing. My sister gave her this cute, fluffy skirt when we were in Rexburg last summer, and I was often trying to hide it from Elsie. She always seemed to find it, though. I definitely need to get better at hiding things... She also loved this bright blue shirt, and ESPECIALLY loved wearing the 2 of them together. I am so glad they look cute together, because this is what she wore during most of the late summer months. Here we have Elsie playing dolls with Dad, who is trying to sleep... How many times do I have to tell him that if he wants a good nap, he needs to go to BED?!? Sam getting into the pantry. I was able to catch them in there before Elsie had a chance to drag him out kicking and screaming. He had been doing this for a couple of days, and Elsie hated it. She would always drag him out by the leg, then go in there by herself (even though there is plenty of room for both of them) and close the door so Sam couldn't get in. Sam would then start screaming/yelling at the top of his lungs until I would come in and open the door for him.At the end of September I was able to meet up with some friends from Colorado and Idaho for the Relief Society Broadcast of General Conference. We spent the weekend at a condo. Shopped, ate, laughed like crazy. I love these gals and can't wait for our get-together next year.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

That is so funny about the kiddos in the pantry! I think it's so funny when kids fight over stuff like that!!