Friday, February 10, 2012

December - The Baking & Sewing

I don't know about you, but for us, December is a pretty big deal. There is baking, cooking, sewing, wrapping, parties, traveling, etc., etc. Therefore, I have decided to post installments of December, in an effort to help you fully appreciate just how crazy, and fun we had. Here we go... Before the fun even begins, Sam is already in the White Almond Bark. I was mixing frosting for the sugar cookies, and turned around to find his chubby little cheeks wrapped around one of his new best friends. After snapping a few quick shots, I was forced to take away his one-pound block of white almond bark (much to his dismay) and put the bag of baking/cooking supplies in a much higher, and therefore safer, location. Here are the girls getting food prepared for our Christmas plates. The younger girls are decorating cookies to take to their Daddies, and Kelli is front and center, dazzling me with her pretzel-dipping skilz. I have never dipped pretzels, or anything else for that matter. Kelli made it look so easy, so I started "helping" only to realize my skilz were better suited to frosting cookies and taking pictures. Kelli - grabbing a quick sample of her delicious pretzels. Here are me and the girls, showing off our great sugar cookies. Elsie is very excited about sprinkles, and shortly after this shot was taken she managed to pry the sprinkle part of the sprinkle bottle (is this making any sense) off of the sprinkles, and proceeded to pile her cookie with the entire contents of the bottle. To which we (the moms are in the kitchen) hear Addie say, "Uh oh, Elsie... Uh - Mom...?" We walked in to find a mountain of sprinkles not only on the cookie, but all over the floor as well. Good thing we have wood floors! It was very easy to sweep up.Not the best picture, but I love it when I catch these 2 sitting in the chair together, reading to one another. It's adorable. Kelli & I spent most of another day putting together these cute little numbers for our family Christmas presents. Kelli's family had my brother's name for Christmas, and made their whole family matching aprons. I thought it was such a great idea I did the same for my Sister and her family (whose name I had this year). My sister called me the day after Christmas to say how excited her whole family was to receive them. Especially her little Ivylicious. We did pockets on the girl's aprons, and made little "tool-belts" on the ones for the boys. They turned out adorable. I'm glad they were such a hit. Kelli & I had a great time making them together. And here we have Sam, enjoying the fruits of our sugar cookie labors. He & Summer did great all day. We had a blast, and looking back at these pictures is already making me excited for the fun we will have again next year.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

You guys are AMAZING!!! I can't melt chocolate to save my life. It never works out!!