Wednesday, February 8, 2012

October

So much for posting one-a-day until I am caught up....Anyway, October was busy, to say the least. The lease on our current crappy duplex rental was quickly approaching it's deadline. We had decided that although we felt better about continuing to rent, rather than buy, we definitely wanted to get into a better place than the one we were currently living in. So began the painful task of calling on rentals, scheduling visits, looking at places, etc., etc. You can see how "over-it" Sam is by his milk-drunken stupor as he lays on the floor finishing off his last bottle for the night. So beings the moving. We found a place that we both LOVE! It's a historical home, with what seems to be a LOT more space. Ironically, it only has an additional 100 sq. ft. than our last rental, but feels like 1200 because it is laid out so well. Also, it has lots of windows and built-in's, so there is also a lot of storage space inside the house. It is a historical home on a busy street, but our back yard is fully fenced and the original hard-wood floors were just too charming to pass up. I L-O-V-E it. This is the outside. Maybe one day when everything is nice and clean I will take some pictures of the inside. Until then, isn't this just about the cutest white house with bright blue shutters you have ever seen!?! This is Sam monkey-walking around on the concrete drive of our old rental while we are loading up the car with boxes. At this time (already 1!) he wasn't able to walk, but loved being outside. Instead of crawling and scuffing his knees, he found this suited his needs quite well. Elsie refusing to let me pack her "like-new" winter boots. She trotted around in this little number for several days. Sam on the phone. It seems like he started "talking" on the phone much earlier than Elsie did. Perhaps because Elsie only saw me on the phone, and Sam sees both me and her, and doesn't want to feel left out. At any rate, I love how he shoves that phone right into his chubby little cheek. Here is Sam grabbing a quick snack and visiting while I pack boxes. Such enthusiasm... Elsie finishing off her Popsicle while we make trips to and from the car with boxes. We had officially moved by the time this picture was taken. We visited the Nature Center in Boise. The kids loved it. Here is Sam in our new backyard. He is enjoying the fall weather while Elsie & I rake up the leaves. Which, by the way, there were a lot of. I had no idea the "joys" mature landscaping could bring to a family. We did have fun, though. Playing in the leaves and working outside together. Elsie insisted on helping, so I grabbed an old broom and let her sweep up the leaves I missed. It was fun to have her working outside with me. Oh! Here is a picture from inside our house. This is a small peak into our front room. The window seals are just low enough that Sam can peak outside and watch the traffic go by. He loves looking outside, and will give a hoot and wave to anyone he sees walking by. Ahhh. This is a fun one. Elsie's cousin was spending the night. After a big, fun day of playing, we gave the kids baths. Sam was first. Once he finished up and was dressed for bed we let Elsie & her cousin get in. I walked into the other room to throw all their clothes in the laundry hamper when Elsie and her cousin start calling for me to please "get Sam out!" I went in to find him like this. He had crawled over the side of the tub (thank goodness the tub wasn't full) and he was playing in the water - fully clothed. I called Tyler in to keep an eye on all of the kids so I could grab the camera. Sam was so happy, and thoroughly disappointed when we pulled him out, dried him off, and quickly put him to bed for the night. Needless to say, we keep an even closer eye on the kids when they are anywhere near the bathroom now. Much too ambitious. Awe. Here are the Halloween pics. Too long in coming, I know. Sam was a dragon. A very sleepy dragon when I took this picture. His regular 6:30 p.m. bedtime routine just isn't conducive to late-night holidays.And here is our precious butterfly. I made the skirt, then braided some of the left-over tulle from the skirt into Elsie's hair. Turned out pretty cute for my first home-made Halloween costume. Elsie loves playing dress-up in the skirt with her cousin, who was also a butterfly.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

OH MY GOSH!!! So many things to comment on. First of all...what a cute butterfly!!! I love the braided tule in her hair. You are brilliant!! I love the leaves. I miss fallen leaves. We don't have much of those in AZ. They are a lot of work though! Your house looks so cute!! I can't wait to see pics of the whole thing. Your chin is so sharp and SKINNY!!!!