Monday, December 13, 2010

Bruiser

Anytime Tyler or I go out the door Elsie gets excited and will stand right in front of it with her shoes in her hands and say "Go Go Go!" It is very cute. We tell her every time not to stand so close to the door. Usually we are pretty good about opening the door slowly and she has only been knocked (relatively gently) in the head a few times. UNTIL the other day... I was in such a good mood, despite my kids both being sick. I went running out to take the garbage out and came running back in (it was chilly and I didn't have my coat on). Upon reaching the door I slammed it open (it wasn't closed all the way) and saw my sweet, sick daughters legs go flying up in the air, heard her slam onto the ground, and saw her shoes flying out of both hands. She immediately started crying (understandably) and had a big, blue goose-egg on her forehead. The shots aren't the best, but you can kind of see it on the right-side of the picture. These shots were taken within minutes of the incident, so they are not the best... Too much flash, but look at those beautiful blue eyes. Gladly, this is the worse it looked. It has healed up quite nicely, so I won't be able to post any better shots of it getting yellow and green. Bummer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor thing. She does have beautiful blue eyes . . .