Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Basket Fun

This seemed so harmless when I got the Easter basket down for her to play with. Tyler, who was reading, cautioned me against this as I quickly lowered the basket to the floor. Oh, she'll be fine... And she was. It was a lot of fun. She played in it for a whole 10 minutes while I watched, smiled and took pictures. After we finished I started to pick things up, and this is where it took a turn for the worse. I don't know how many of you have tried picking up the super-static pieces of Easter basket stuffing, but it's a pain. Once I had all the most offensive handfuls in the garbage I took a lint brush to get the strays that were still in the carpet. Needless to say, a week has come and gone and I am still finding and picking up the stupid strands of Easter basket fun (ugh). I'm sure Elsie's thoughts were somewhere along these lines: "Oh! What's this!?! Mom got it down for me and it's so shiny and clingy. Oh look, there's mom now. Smiling and laughing... ...Oh my goodness, there's so much!......hm. That was fun. Next?"

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Easter baskets grass is SO fun. But you're right. If you even open a bag for two seconds in the house, you'll spend the next year clinging it up. It gets very frustrating!