Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Birthday Girl!

Snarfing down her breakfast. Gotta love that hair! Birthday bath! We can't have you turning 1 without cleaning off all that food! All dressed up and ready for church. She was so happy all day. Until.... She has one of those clips that you can clip her binky onto her clothes so she doesn't lose it. Well, I had just come down from saying the closing prayer at the podium and was clipping her binky onto her sleeve. Unbeknown to me I had gotten some of her skin in the clip and as I shoved the clip closed she gave me this horrible "what are you DOING!?!" look and totally started to scream her head off. Luckily, it was the end of the meeting and I was able to make a dash for the door. She had a hard rest-of-the-day after that. Even after a good, long nap. Poor thing. I felt so bad. Especially since she had been so cheerful for so long prior to that. It left a pretty bad bruise. Good thing we're getting rid of the binkies this weekend, so we can hopefully avoid something like this happening when we doll her up in her Easter dress this Sunday. This is her sign for "More". More food, more drink, more fun, more.... whatever. It is helpful, and funny. She will give you a really intent look if she doesn't feel like you are paying enough attention and just keep digging her finger into her hand until you get her what she's looking for. Since I was taking the picture, Tyler is the one that is getting the "look". We had some great friends over to help us eat cake and ice cream. We had her hair in pig-tails (as seen above). By the end of the party she had pulled them most of the way out, so I took them out. This is her post pony-tail crazy hair.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

I can't believe how much Elsie has grown since Christmas. Her hair is so long and I LOVE that yellow sunflower dress. What a cutie!

The Church's said...

How cute is she with her pig-tails. Isn't it fun that you can do her hair so cute. She really is a cutie. Happy Birthday Elsie, we wish we could have been there to celebrate.

Pals Place said...

Happy Birthday Elsie!! I love her piggies!! And her dress is adorable!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Ditto to the sundress - it's perfect with her hair! Unbelievable how big she is, what a cutie!

Teresa said...

You are SO much better with sharing your pics!! These are SO CUTE!! I love her dress and cute piggies!! She is so adorable!!!