Tuesday, May 1, 2012

January

The kids brushing their teeth. No, this isn't the first time ever. Just the first time I managed to get a shot of both of them at the same time. Sam loves brushing his teeth, and any time he hears me in the bathroom he will come running in and start shouting "Teeth!" Which also sounds a lot like "Please!" and many other things in his new vocabulary. It was nice when I finally figured out what he was saying.
Also, any time he hears the beaters going in the kitchen, he comes running in shouting "PLEASE!" Thinking it will be the always delicious beaters covered in either frosting or whipped cream. The other night when whipping egg whites for waffles he was exceptionally disappointed when I finally relented and let him have a quick lick of the beater. Just to get him to stop shouting at me. He looked completely betrayed when his tongue touched the egg whipped beater. At least now he believes me when I tell him it is "Yucky".
Here are the girls playing Twister during a play-date with my cousin and sister-in-law. The older girls loved it - despite their struggles to coordinate different limbs into the different positions. Elsie was just there for decoration (hence the butterfly costume).
Also in January - it snowed! We got the girls all bundled up to play and play they did. They built a tiny little snowman, then came in for hot chocolate and cookies. Once naps were over the snow was gone. My sister-in-law was right when we first moved here and she said, "When it snows here, make sure you go out and play in it as soon as there is snow on the ground. Because 2 hours later it will be gone..." And gone it was. I think this is one of two "snow days" we were able to enjoy. Which was wonderful. I am definitely enjoying this milder climate.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Perfect!! Two snowdays a year is ideal!

Anonymous said...

SO cute--love the teeth picture. C and I had the same beater argument. He believes me now, too.