Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"I'm ginna gitch you"

Elsie loves playing "I'm ginna gitch you!" with her Dad. Every day when he gets home from work she gives him a hug, and as soon as he puts her down those are the 1st words out of her mouth. On this fateful night, however, we had a mishap. Elsie ran into our closet, stumbled, and SMACKED her head right into our wooden shoe rack. She came up howling with blood pouring down her poor face. I gasped, and told Tyler we should probably put some butterfly stitches on. He thought we should take her to Urgent Care. We did, and I am glad. After they stemmed the flow of blood (FYI: Head wounds bleed a lot) and cleaned the wound, it was quite a deep gash. I could see all the layers of tissue, and then a dark...space (before the skull I am assuming). She has healed up great, and I hope there will be minimal scarring. Even if there is a scar, bangs are back in style, right?

2 comments:

Teresa said...

That I'm ginna gitch you game is dangerous! I think that's so funny about the butterfly bandaids!! Everytime my kids get beat up I look at Dave and expect him to whip a bandaid out of his wallet. Butterfly bandages were the miracle cure our our childhood!!!

Anonymous said...

Ow. Poor kid.