Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Will I ever be cool again? Literally...

Today is the first day in quite a while that I have braved wearing pants. Over the past 10 or so years I have never been a shorts girl. Or a short(er) skirt girl. However, after embarking on this summer pregnant I am both. I only wear shorts and skirts, and even then it is sometimes too much for my body temperature. I had no idea how uncomfortable being pregnant in the summer could be, and have been swearing throughout the summer that I will never again carry a child during the hot months of May - October. So, today I wear pants, thinking it is supposed to be in the high 60s, low 70 (which is quite comfortable under normal circumstances). Well, it has turned out to be a SCORCHING 68 degrees today, and I have not stopped "glistening" (as my sweet Grandma Gladys would say) since 10:00 this morning. Here's hoping I go into labor tonight, since it is supposed to be a record 72 tomorrow. Have mercy!

3 comments:

PalsRWe said...

You are sooo Silly. Hang in there you cute little Mama.
We Love You and hope everything goes really well for you.
Hugs, Kiley

Unknown said...

You look like you are ready to attack. Here's to either cooler weather or.. Baby time. Hurry it up would you!!

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute picture, Amber. The kids and I are praying for you and the baby every night. Hope things go well!