Sunday, September 19, 2010

Larimer County Fair

I love the fair. All fairs. I don't care how small or smelly they are, they just make me happy. Since moving to Colorado I have wanted to go to the local county fair. However, we always seem to be out of town during the big event. Not this year! 7 months pregnant I decided to drag my poor husband and daughter to the fair, and we (well, I) had a great time! Excluding, of course, the fact that it was over 90 degrees, humid, I am pregnant (so running about 10 degrees hotter than everyone else) and a bit on the grumpy side.... In an effort to cheer me up, my sweet husband bought me my favorite of all favorites - Pina Colada shaved ice. Suddenly, the day is cooler, and so I am. Here we are checking out some livestock. Elsie was given a sucker earlier in the day by a friendly cowboy and was quite content to lick and let lick (ha ha) as we strolled around. Taking a shade break under a canopy. Overall, it was a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber--you can take my kids to the fair any time. They all beg to go, and I just can't do it. I'd rather go to a small one, but the one here is gigantic and a complete parental nightmare. Ugh. But I'm glad you had a good time!

Dave Carr said...

I love that totally pissy pic of you with your icey! I totally know that was how it was for most of it! I love pregnancy grumpiness when it isn't me!